1.25c of oats (GF or not)
1c of cooked quinoa
2tbsp of chia seeds
2tbsp of flax seeds
2tbsp of ground/milled flax
1/2c of chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
a pinch of salt
1/2c of peanut butter
1/4c of coconut oil
1/4c of brown rice syrup (we use Lundberg’s)
Toss everything into a bowl except the last three ingredients.
Place the peanut butter, coconut oil and syrup into a small pot and melt it all on low heat. When it’s all melted and creamy pour it into your bowl and mix all ingredients together.
Note that if you pour your ‘sauce’ in while it is still warm the chocolate with melt and you with have bars that look more chocolatey… just like those in the photo… if you have patience and can wait until the ‘sauce’ has completely cooled the chocolate will likely remain intact.
Bake in a moderate (350) oven for approximately twenty minutes… just until the corners have started to brown.
Cool the bars completely and place them in the freezer for about thirty minutes before you slice them. There's very little sticky sweet stuff to glue them together.
Ingredients (makes 8 fritters)
1 medium sized broccoli
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
150 grams of gluten free flour or buckwheat flour (put an extra 50 grams aside in case mixture is too wet)
80 grams of feta cheese
1/2 cup of pine nuts
Salt and pepper
Dash of olive/coconut oil
1. Chop up the broccoli finely and steam for 5 minutes.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the flour, garlic, salt and pepper and parsley.
3. Chop up the feta cheese into small cubes and place into the mixture.
4. Place the pine nuts in a fry pan on a low heat and gently roast for 4-7 minutes or until pine nuts are slightly golden. Once cooked add them to the mixture.
5. Before adding the broccoli into the mixture make sure it is finely sliced. I found that I needed to add an extra 50 grams of flour to the mixture as it was too wet.
6. Heat a large frying pan over moderate heat and add a dash of oil.
7. Scoop 1 large tablespoon of mixture into the frying pan, then flatten it slightly with a spatula. The mixture should make around 8 fritters. Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
8. Place fritters onto a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
9. Drizzle with lemon juice before serving. Enjoy!
I love to cook and try out new recipes.